London Anime Con is a fun 18+ anime and gaming convention of over a thousand people taking place this June 30th to July 1st in London at The Rocket Complex, Holloway Road. You can signup now for London Anime Con at www.londonanimecon.com. Pricing will be at a reduced £15 for two days or £8 for Saturday and just £7 for Sunday if you register and pre-pay now.
There will be anime screenings (showing the latest anime),Video Gaming (both modern, retro and tournaments with all the latest games such as Street Fighter IV, Smash and all the retro classics from the 70s, 80s and 90s), an artist alley and manga chillout area, a karaoke lounge, an anime bar/cinema, manga workshops, cosplay workshops, japanese culture talks, gaming talks, trading card gaming (Yu Gi Oh, MTG etc), eight awesome live-bands/singers, the top guests you want to meet from the internet, talks and far too many events to list, including staples such as the Cosplay Masquerade, DDR tournament, Cosplay... Read More...
London Anime Con is an 18+ anime and gaming event on February 11-12 at The Rocket Complex, Holloway Road. You can signup for London Anime Con HERE and check out the event timetable for it HERE. Pricing is reduced £15 for two days or £8 for Saturday & £7 for Sunday if you register now!
VIDEOGAMING AT LONDON ANIME CON
Brought to you by the likes of Namco-Bandai, Arc-Systems Works and Neo Empire, the Sunday of London Anime Con on 12 February shall be a special-gaming themed-day! They will be running an entire day's worth of gaming tournaments with big-cash prizes at stake.
Free to Enter Tournaments (Small Prizes): MarioKart Wii/7, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, Blazblue Extend, CoD4: ModernWarfare, Bulletstorm, Soul Calibur V, Dance Dance Revolution Stakes Tournaments (Big Prizes): Street Fighter 4 Arcade 2012, Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3, King ofFighters VIII, Dance Dance Revolution, Super Smash Bros Brawl/Melee
For more information on each tournament, click HERE
EVEN MORE GAMING HIGHLIGHTS...
Live gaming-inspired music from Super Powerless,Zonic, Area-11 (who recently worked with Yogscast, their video on youtube getting over a million views) and B-Type! Chiptunists - The most popular musicians from the Chiptunist scene including Chipzel! Gamers Day Quiz - How hardcore are you? Sunday afternoon will see the gamers-quiz. Team up with your friends and prove your gaming knowledge to win cash prizes! Gaming related Cosplay including the Cosplay Masquerade, an introduction to Steampunk, a talk on LGBT in Video Games and more. A Gaming-themed party brought to you by MegaByte, who are performing in London for the first time! As well as some of the best DJs, there will be live-music, dance performances and free glowsticks and lollipops up for grabs!
AND EVEN MORE FOR GAMERS! On BOTH Saturday and Sunday, there shall be -
Video Gaming Chillout – An entire zone where you can drop in, play your favourite games non-competitively and chill out with your friends! Come along, grab a drink and have a good time! Hand-Held Gaming - Make sure to bring along your DS or PSP! There will be plenty of wireless gaming taking place, as well as hand-held tournaments planned! Retro Zone – A wide variety of consoles from the 8-bit/16-bit era right through to the original Playstation and N64. Come enjoy your favourite classics. This area is sponsored by Game-Link! Gaming-Related Traders – The likes of Gamelink UK shall be selling the rare and unusual that you would struggle to find on ebay, much less in the shops! Come along and check it out! DDR & Music Zone – Come along and show us your moves! There will be DDR, Guitar Hero and Rock Band set-ups to play along to with your friends!
Not a Gamer? Fear not, for the Sunday shall STILL have plenty of Anime, cosplay, manga, talks, workshops, karaoke, TCGing and J-Culture present! Why not check out the timetable of events, and highlights now HERE.
Opening Times: 11amto 1am. Pricing: Reduced price entry if you pre-pay now. On the day entry is £10 per day. London Anime Con Website: http://www.londonanimecon.com View Event Timetable: HERE Tournament Information: HERE Link To Pre-Pay: Here Join the forums: HERE
London Anime Con is an epic 18+ anime and gaming convention of over a thousand people taking place this February 11-12 in London at The Rocket Complex, Holloway Road. You can signup now for London Anime Con HERE. Pricing will be at a reduced £15 for two days or £8 for Saturday and just £7 for Sunday if you register and pre-pay now!
There will be anime screenings (showing all the latest anime!),Video Gaming (both modern, retro and tournaments with all the latest games such as Street Fighter IV, Smash and all the retro classics from the 70s, 80s and 90s), an artist alley and manga chillout area, a karaoke lounge, an anime bar/cinema, manga workshops, cosplay workshops, japanese culture talks, gaming talks, trading card gaming (Yu Gi Oh, MTG etc), eight awesome live-bands/singers, the top guests you want to meet from the internet, talks and far too many events to list, including staples such as theCosplay Masquerade, DDR tournament, Cosplay Auction, Talent Show, Otaku Fashion Show, Pub Quiz, and massive night-time parties planned each night from 7pm till 1am!
EVENING PARTIES SPECIAL DEAL – Get in for just £1 after 8pm!
As a special deal, for this London Anime Con ONLY, if you arrive after 8pm then we will give you discount entry for just £1! Make sure to register and put your name down for that Here. What's more.. pre-pay and get in at 7pm!
Saturday Night will see Area-11 playing live, followed by renowned J-Pop artist Jakazid Djing for the J-Pop/Rock party with DotDot3 and Djuhams as professional dancers and MCs. We will also be handing out free glowsticks and lollipops!(w00t!).
Sunday Night is very exciting, with clubnight Megabyte performing in London for the first time, with their DJs, and performers Zonic,B-Type and chiptunist Chipzel providing live-music, MCing and performances! Again, there will be free glowsticks and lollipops!
On BOTH EVENINGS will be a guest late-night panel (with our biggest guests, go grab a drink with them and chillout!) going on upstairs on Saturday and the Video Gaming Finals upstairs on the Sunday. If that was not enough, the Video Gaming, Artist Alley and Trading Card areas shall continue through the night, as well as Late-Night Karaoke taking over the panels room downstairs! MORE TO COME!
Opening Times: 11am to 1am.
Pricing: Reduced price entry if you pre-pay now. On the day entry is £10 per day. £1 Evening Entry.
London Anime Con Website: http://www.londonanimecon.com
Guests & Performers List: Here
Link To Pre-Pay: Here
Registrations are open for London Anime Con III at Rocket Complex on 30th - 31st July 2011 from 11am right through to 1am in the morning. Go signup at www.londonanimecon.com/register.php to secure your place. Pricing will be at a reduced £15 for two days or £8 for one day if you pre-pay now. This is a 1,000 person event for all 18+ anime and gaming fans alike. We have video gaming, an artist alley, a karaoke lounge, an anime bar/cinema, manga workshops, cosplay workshops, japanese culture talks, origami workshops, five awesome live-bands and more guests, panels and events than you can shake a stick of pocky at(including staples such as the Cosplay Masquerade, DDR tournament, Otaku Fashion Show and Pub Quiz), and two massive night-time parties planned on each night till 1am and plenty more besides.
Venue: The Rocket Complex, London Metropolitian University. Click here for travel information. Tube: Two minutes from Holloway Road Tube Station (To the North of the Picadilly Line) Opening Times: 11am to 1am. Normal Entry: It costs £15 for both days, or just £8 per day to get in if you prepay. On the day entry is £10 per day. Evening Only Entry: If you arrive after 6pm, you can get in for £4 pre-pay or £5 on the door. London Anime Con Website:www.londonanimecon.com Link To Pre-Pay:www.londonanimecon.com/register.php
- Akemi Solloway J-Culture Talks: Japanese Culture expert, Akemi Solloway, the daughter of an old samurai family and learned in the traditional arts and culture of Japan will give talks on Japanese Culture. Make sure not to miss these! - Harry Partridge Q&A: Harry is a writer, voice actor and animator whose web shorts have reached over 30 million people online. His work includes the satirical Saturday Morning Watchmen and his musical tribute to Elder Scrolls v: Skyrim. You can check out his work on his youtube and on the BBC Website. - Cosplay Workshops: KellyJane, TealPirate & ZombieMama shall be doing LAC3's Cosplay Workshops! Workshops shall range from Body-Painting to Zombie Makeovers, Crossplaying, Youtube Filming, Prop-Making and many more. - Cosplay Auction: The Cosplay Auction is one of our big events and has everyone go up for bid, with the winner of each cosplayer getting that character for a two-hour period for the Saturday evening. 50% of the proceeds raised shall go to the convention charity. Go read more here - Otaku Fashion Show: We all know there are ALOT of skilled people out there who make their own cosplay and probably make their own clothes. If you fall into this category then we've got en event for you. Got something unique you made but it isnt quite cosplay? Got perhaps an OC you designed that is so glorious/badass you want to give it a place to shine? Maybe you've been to Japan and bought some awesome outfits you feel the world needs to see. Or maybe you just feel inspired by the Harajuku and Shibuya fashion scenes. From Lolita to Ganguro we want to see it all. Go read more here. - Pub Quiz: Various rounds on both anime and other more general subjects over five rounds. Get some friends together, make your own quiz team, and join in the fun. We guarantee a good time and much randomness! - Operation Mindfu*k: Hentai, yaoi, yuri and adult-material all rolled into one giant mindfu*k. Do you enjoy adult-panels? Come along and have your mind blown, my friends! - Johnny Lazer Live-Performance: The hit-band, who have performed at many other events and conventions, return to play for us again. Go listen to their music on their myspace. - WOTA London: London party-favorites WOTA London shall be DJing and VJing for our Saturday Night Party! Make sure to come along to dance to all your favorite anime and J-Pop tunes! - Unshin Live-Band Performance: Last but definitely not least, we have an exciting UK exclusive! Fronted by Megumu Miyoshi, they shall be playing their debut album live at London Anime Con for the first time in the UK!. The songs shall tell the story of a young girl growing up under the strict pressures of Japanese society. With each track furthering the story and specially-drawn animations screened for each one, it shall represent a visual and musical epic from start to finish at London Anime Con. Go check them out at http://www.unshin.co.uk
- Cosplay Masquerade: The old convention staple event that is the Masquerade. Would you like to show off your cosplay to masses? Perhaps perform a comedy sketch of some anime-based humor. Strut your stuff and have a great time at one of the greatest traditions of the anime world. Want to enter? Go signup at registrations/ops! There will be a £30 cash prize for the best entry as determined by our panel of judges, and a pick from the goodie-box for the best two runners-up. Read more here - Bring & Buy: The bring and buy will take place on the Sunday. Make sure to bring along your anime goods and we will sell them for you. Note that a 15% commission will be taken which will go toward con-funds. Go read instructions and get your signup form here - MangaFest: The middle of the upstairs dealers room shall be turned over to the Manga Small-press and for workshops and tutorials for aspiring artists! Come along and check out what the UK's manga community is up to! Activities will include Chibi-Clay Modelling, Origami, Calligraphy and more! - Masakun and Daniel-San's Violinist and Guitar Performance: Masa-kun is an electric violinist who performs various Japanese related songs. At LAC he will entertain you with film, anime and gaming music, such as Ryuichi Sakamoto, Mario, Sailor Moon, Final Fantasy. Watch his performances on youtube here - Obakkaa No Gameshow: Japanese Gameshow Madness! Events will include Wasabi eating, picking up peas with chopsticks, writing hiragana with a twist...and other randomness...with forfeits being handed out to the losers of each round. Read more here - Neo Empire: As part of Gamer's Day, Neo Empire shall be hosting a number of massive fighting-game tournaments along the lines of Street Fighter, BlazBlue and so forth. More details to come! - Nintendisco: The UK's #1 gaming clubnight, Nintendisco shall be rolling into London Anime Con to host the Sunday Evening Party between 7pm-9pm. They will also be present during the daytime to host a number of tournaments involving your favorite retro-games. Expect DJ's, tournaments, exclusive rare games and consoles in this retro-extravaganza! Read more here - Zonic Live-Performance: Zonic shall be returning to LAC3 to give a live-performance of her latest music, some of it based on retro video-gaming, such as the Sonic and Lemmings games on the Sunday evening of London Anime Con. Read more here - Super-Cute-Voices: Band Super Cute Voices are heavily influenced by Japanese Pop culture and music, especially of the Anime variety. Their live show is based around costumes, lots of props, 8-Bit instruments and choreography. A three piece New Wave Synth Punk band, SCV draw their inspiration from any kind of trashy pop culture and synth pop music. Read more here - Dub That Anime: The aim of this event for those who have never seen it before is to dub a 30 second clip of our choice live on stage. The funnier the better. In fact..think Abridging on a smaller scale. This can be done as an individual or group so if you think you have what it takes to be the next LittleKuriboh then read more here. - Whose Line Is It Anime?: Back by popular demand, this is based on the popular tv series. Rounds shall include genres, scenes and props. Read more here
[u]Saturday and Sunday Evenings[/u]
As well as the bands, live-singing and WOTA London and Nintendisco parties, we will also be hosting a Karaoke Lounge in the backroom, for everyone to sing to their heart's content, as well as a chillout zone and anime cinema on the big-screen upstairs. There will also be a Video Games bar for people to sit down and dance on activities such as DDR, guitar hero and so forth.
As a reminder, if you choose to come after 6pm, you can get in for half-price at just £4 pre-pay (do so at www.londonanimecon.com/register.php ) or £5 on the door. This represents excellent value for an entire evening and night's worth of entertainment
Hey All! The next London Anime Con is coming up soon on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th of February. In addition to more events than ever before, we have four awesome live-music acts lined up and guests which include Voice-Actress Marianne Miller, the Abridgers LittleKuriboh and MasakoX, J-Culture Expert Akemi Solloway and more. If you pre-pay before the event, then it's just £8 for a day or £15 for both days (or just turn up on the day and it's £10 on the door).
What Is It: London's home for Anime and Gaming Fans who are 18+! From midday to midnight, it is set on two floors, the downstairs being a massive bar for anime, music, video gaming, live-bands and parties and the upstairs being a big 600-person hall for cosplayers, events and exhibitors. Date: February 5-6th 2011 Venue: The Rocket Complex, London Metropolitian University Tube: Two minutes from Holloway Road Tube Station (To the North of the Picadilly Line) Cost: It costs £15 for both days, or just £8 per day to get in if you prepay, and you need to be 18 years or older. On the day entry is £10 per day. Register now:www.londonanimecon.com/register.php Discussion Forums:animeleague.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=298
Taking place on the upstairs stage, downstairs stage, back-room and bar - Artist Alley, Anime Chillout, AMV Contest, BJD Workshop & Doll Meet, Bring and Buy, Cosplay Auction, Cosplay Masquerade, Cosplay Photography, Para Para Dance-Off, DDR Tournament, Dub That Anime, Anime Exhibitors and Dealers, Cosplay Fashion Show, Karaoke, DS:London, Pub Quiz, Abridgers Q&As, Rock Band Tournament, Trading Card Zone (www.thevideodrome.net), Video Gaming Room with Tournaments throughout the day, Whose Line is It Anime, The Twilight Skit Zone, Manga Small-Press and Art Dealers. MORE TO COME!
There will also be a room for all workshops and panels in the bar's side-room
- Cosplay Workshops by the biggest name cosplayers.
- Para Para Workshops from the London Para Para Scene
- J-Culture Talks by Akemi Solloway at www.akemisolloway.com
- Manga Workshops by some of the UK's top manga artists.
- Origami Workshops by London Origami Society at www.youtube.com/britishorigami (They will also have a table for demonstrations and practice all day including Giant Models!)
- Calligraphy by Shodo Club London at ttp://www.meetup.com/shodoinlondon/ (They will also have a table for all day demonstrations and practice)
- Anime Voice Acting Panel/Q&A by our guests.
Evening Entertainment - 6pm Onward
Johnny Lazer (Saturday) - Scottish born, London living front man Antony Cherrie and drummer Laura Fares (Sam Sparro) are joined by Harry Peirson to become... Johnny Lazer. Read more at www.myspace.com/johnnylazermusic Esprit D'Air (Saturday) - A new four-piece rock band from the UK, highly influenced by the musical subculture of Visual Kei and other various styles of music from Japan. Read more at www.myspace.com/espritdair Mechanical Sunrise (Sunday) - With sci-fi porn synth, fuzz-rock guitars, funky bass-lines and unrelenting electro drums, they have been described as "a time-travelling, dimension-hopping space opera, complete with B-movie video and strange 2001-esque visuals" www.myspace.com/mechanicalsunrise Sonic Dragologo (Sunday) - AnimeTV Remix winner and popular solo-artist - www.myspace.com/sonicdragolgouk
Followed by the massive Parties we have planned at 9pm onward!
Saturday Night Otaku Rave by [8-Bit IceCream]: Middlesbrough’s own LastKnight comes to London Anime Con with style; Rock out to Geek Anthems, Rock, Dirty Electronic, Otaku Rave and Live Chiptunes. Bringing together Live Visual Artwork, Big Tunes, and Live Acts together on the Dance floor, for a night of Music, Drinks, Dancing, Freebies and more Costumes than you can shake a stick at! www.facebook.com/8biticecream Sunday Night WOTA London: Dedicated to Otaku Culture, WOTA London will be playing the latest anime songs on the dancefloor as well as Galge game songs by artists such as I've. Tokusatsu, BL, Touhou and Vocaloid. Check them out at www.wotalondon.co.uk
Want to do something other than party? We have alternatives!
Late Night Karaoke Bar (Both Evenings) - Let loose and go wild by singing till your heart's content at our Late-Night Karaoke Bar! Do you think you're the next big-singer in town? Come along and give it a try! Midnight Anime Cafe (Both Evenings) - Chill out upstairs in our late night cafe, away from all the music and watch anime until midnight with your fellow attendees!
- Martin Billany aka LittleKuriboh and all the UK Abridgers - Martin Billany, aka LittleKuriboh, is the creator of the very popular Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series, a parody of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and is also part of DBZ Abridged. MasakoX and DarkSideInc will also be in attendance! - Marianne Miller - Voice-Actress. She has made many appearances in anime and videogames, including Dragon Age: Warden's Fall as Leta and her daughter, Young Capek in Monster, Yuuno Scrya in Lyrical Nanoha, Qoo and Magna in Tweeny Witches, and Anwar and Olly in Avalon Code, as well as many appearances in live-action dubs. - Akemi Solloway - Akemi Solloway is a lecturer and expert in Japanese culture, the daughter of an old samurai family and learned in the traditional arts and culture of Japan. She will present some talks at London Anime Con (which ones shall be confirmed).
Video Gaming & London Gamers Con on Sunday
Saturday will see the Video Gaming taking place in the side-room of the bar. There will be over a dozen consoles along with full DDR setup and Rock-Band setup for tournaments.
On the Sunday, as well as all of the Saturday Video Gaming setup, we will have DS:London attending to run Bomberman and Tetris DS Tournaments, WeAreArcade running the Gamers Day Quiz, and the highlight of the event; Neo Empire running their Ultimate Clash Xtreme!
There will be four massive Neo Empire Tournaments which will be £5 entry each, with the money going toward providing big prizes for the winners. All games are 1 v 1. They are Super Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue Continnum Shift, King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match and Tekken 6
Not only that, Orochinagi.com have organised a hands-on showing of King of Fighters XIII (13) at the event. WOW.... with no console release date and an extreme lack of in UK arcades, this sure is a great time to see what the game is made of.
Stay tuned as we have up to two more gaming groups set to be confirmed!
The Photography shall be bought to you by Cosplay Portrait. They were the official photographers for Amecon 2010 and Alcon 2010 and will also be doing the photography at London MCM Expo October 2010 and for the Grand Cosplay Ball this November.