Polyphonica Crimson S
To bring law and order you need police, to make music you need musicians, and to make the former using the latter, you need a Dantist! Ever since he was visited by a mysterious spirit as a boy, Phoron’s wanted to become one of the elite battle bards who watch over the continent of Polyphonica. Yet even though he’s mastered the basic skills for singing the Commandia spells and operating a One-Man Orchestra, he’s been unable to summon the required spirit companion because of a promise he made to that first spirit: to sing only for her. But that silence is shattered and Phoron’s musical meanderings are over when his supernatural partner suddenly returns, intent on finalizing the ’contract’ they made twelve years ago! Which would be great except for one thing: she’s not just any spirit, but the dreaded Corticarte, the Crimson Annihilator! But what the heck, sometimes you just you just have to grit your teeth and duet! Get ready for a musical partnership with more than its share of discord and a distinctly martial beat in Polyphonica Crimson S!
EpisodesExpand / Collapse All
- 1: Encounter ~ Misterioso Guest
- Phoron studies at Commandia Academy, where he hopes to become a Dantist, a person who can summon and control spirits with music. He has little faith in himself until Coaticarte—the spirit with whom he made a pact twelve years earlier—returns.
- 2: Maze ~ Piangendo Premium
- Coaticarte protects Phoron with fierce loyalty, so when a disrespectful student seeks to humiliate him, Phoron has to stop her from using violence against him. Danger looms over the city.
- 3: Oath ~ Loco Premium
- Phoron feels Coaticarte’s absence intensely and begins to lose hope. He soon realizes that he was not playing music with honesty. Once he does, what happens is beautiful and almost magical. Coaticarte finally gets her nickname, and it is hinted that it may be up to Phoron to save the world.
- 4: Lurking ~ Rubato Premium
- The Academy gets an important visitor named Raika, and Yufi’s first instincts appear to be correct. Raika discovers Coatie’s presence at the school, which is valuable information for the Strangers of Lament.
- 5: Strategy ~ Feroce Premium
- Danguise is driven out of class, humiliated and insulted. Later, much to the shock of the student body, he enters into a pact with a spirit. Phoron receives a love note, which may be a trap, and it turns out that Coatie once had another name: The Crimson Princess of Destruction.
- 6: Twin Souls ~ Affettuoso Premium
- Danguise recovers. Peruce reveals her past and why Prine is weak. Later, Prine reveals that there is more to her than anyone expected, and it causes Peruce to question everything about her life to this point.
- 7: Initiation ~ Amabile Premium
- Lord Bolzon, Raika, and the rest of the Strangers of Lament meet and reassess their sinister plan. Phoron notices a change in Coatie’s demeanor after a news report mentioning the Strangers of Lament. He begins to realize that he knows nothing about her past.
- 8: Seism ~ Furioso Premium
- The Strangers of Lament take Pire, Peruce, and Rembalt hostage, and it is discovered that the Principal is really one of the Four Great Composers. Yufi steps in to battle the strangers. Later, they use Phoron’s emotions as a weapon.
- 9: Ambition ~ Marcato Premium
- The Instruments of Creation are all obtained by the Strangers of Lament. Coatie knows what is going to happen and reveals the intentions of the Strangers. Phoron is ordered to use Coatie as a weapon.
- 10: Assault ~ Risoluto Premium
- With an intense battle looming, Coatie’s only fear is that Phoron will leave her if he knows the whole truth about her past. Coatie knows where to find the Score, but she does not want to say it.
- 11: Dissolution ~ Tempestoso Premium
- The location of the Score is revealed. On the oil rig, the fights rage. Coatie’s only regret about prospective defeat is not being able to see Phoron again.
- 12: Hope ~ Vivace Premium
- It’s “the beginning of the end,” and Phoron steps in to play the song that first united him with Coatie in an attempt to save her life. The power of unity and belief may be strong enough to save Coatie and, in turn, the entire world. Later, the day Pholon has waited for finally arrives.
- Trailer Guest