Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! (Season 1)
Starting at a new high school, Yuta hopes for a blissful, normal, easygoing existence far from his flawed past. But his new pesky classmate Rikka threatens those hopes when she discovers some of Yuta's juicy misdeeds. Yuta is fearful of his good reputation slipping away as he is inevitably caught up in her maniacal fantasy life. Is this true love or lunacy? Everyone goes through an embarrassing period of self-discovery in school, but Rikka has a serious case of Chunibyo!
EpisodesExpand / Collapse All
- 1: Chance Encounter... with Wicked Lord Shingan Guest
- After recovering from adolescent delusions, Yuta transfers schools to begin anew. As he tastes the succulent fruit of normalcy, Rikka Takanashi discovers Yuta's delusional past and declares that they are soul mates, which makes things anything but normal.
- 2: Priestess... of the Melody Guest
- Yuta wants to crush on the beautiful Shinka, but Rikka's antics prohibit it. A visit to Rikka's house reveals how delusional she really is. Her eclectic collections are almost stranger than her behavior! What’s worse: Rikka's sister knows about Yuta's past!
- 3: The Heretical… Pigtailed Girl Guest
- Yuta tries to decide what club to join, but Rikka is already a step ahead of him. She creates the "Far-Eastern Magic Society" and manages to rope in two members. Given a provisional club status, Yuta revokes his membership...until Shinka joins the club, too.
- 4: Regret of... the Mabinogion Guest
- Yuta is puzzled that Nibutani wants to join Rikka's club. He wonders if she could really like him back, but the answer he gets isn't the one he imagined!
- 5: A Binding... Hard Study Guest
- Rikka and Yuta face their low grades, and their club is fingered as the culprit! Rikka begins a new battle with her latest opponent: math! Meanwhile, Dekomori and Nibutani continue to butt heads.
- 6: The Atoned... Innocent Guest
- Rikka makes club uniforms for everyone, further humiliating Yuta; tension between Nibutani and Dekomori continues to grow. Isshiki receives a love letter, but his plans hit a snag before they even begin.
- 7: Reminiscences... of Paradise Lost Guest
- A trip to Rika's hometown reveals more about her than Yuta had anticipated. Dekomori continues her antics against her nemesis "Mori-Summer". Yuta and Rika escape the house in search of the Invisible Boundary Line, and end up in a place Rika holds dear to her heart.
- 8: Exiled... Just the Two of Them Guest
- After refusing to face the truth about her father, Rikka "retreats" to her home with Yuta in tow. Makoto is finding it tough to figure out his feelings for Kumin, and Yuta shares a night together with Rikka that impacts them both in a very meaningful way.
- 9: A Confused...Chaos Heart Guest
- The school festival is on, and amidst Shinka's attempts to turn their club into something legitimate, Rikka battles strange feelings that she only experiences when Yuta is around. Shinka decides to help her understand these feelings, but Rikka's full blown case of chunibyo keeps getting in the way.
- 10: Holy Mother's... Pandora's Box Guest
- Rikka and Yuta are unsure of where they're headed, and each gets some advice from a friend. Rikka's sister reveals her intention of studying the culinary arts in France, and asks Yuta to help her with Rikka. Through their own special ways, Yuta and Rikka confess to each other.
- 11: One-Winged Fallen Angel Guest
- Rikka begins to acclimate herself to living a normal life, successfully making friends in the process. Sanae, however, isn't too happy about it. Rikka heads off to visit her father's grave, with Yuta left at the station, waiting for her to return.
- 12: Eternal Engage Guest
- Yuta begins to worry after it becomes apparent that Rikka may not come back. Sanae ditches her Dekomori persona to follow suit with Rikka, while Kumin "inherits" Wicked Lord Shingan's powers. Yuta can't bear being without Rikka and sets off to find her.
- Trailer Guest